Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Authors: ||Padula, A.*|
|Editors: ||Bernardini, Alberto; Università degli Studi di Padova|
|Title: ||Applicazioni di Intelligenza Artificiale alla difesa dai terremoti|
|Publisher: ||CNR-Gruppo Nazionale per la Difesa dai Terremoti|
|Issue Date: ||2000|
|Keywords: ||Rischio sismico|
|Abstract: ||During the last ten years the Research Unit has carried on its investigations relative to the utilisation of AI methodologies for seismic protection. Interesting results have been obtained, due to the possibilities the same methodologies offer to:
• Supply operative tools for activities on field, in general Expert Systems;
• Supply a user friendly environment, also dealing with large amount of information coming from various sources: survey and evaluation of data, decisions, design provisions, priorities, code specifications…;
• Manage uncertain data and/or heuristic or empirical information, as well as to deal with semantic value of linguistic sources;
The research results have been illustrated in the works indicated in the bibliography. Seismic risk is the common connotation unifying the different questions dealt with. Further applications in the frame of Civil Engineering and Architecture are possible, too.
The investigations regard:
• Priority choices in interventions on monuments under seismic risk. The proposed tool: Expert System EXPRIM
• Utilisation of "Fuzzy Set" theory for the interpretation of historical data regarding seismic damages
• Postearthquake usability assessment of buildings damaged by an earthquake or by a seismic crisis. The proposed tool: Expert System AMADEUS
• Definition of an Informative System and of a Knowledge Based System for monuments and/or historical building heritage that should guide in data supply and management, as well as in safeguard and risk mitigation interventions.
In the course of the investigation different kinds of informatics tools have been used, such as normal programming languages, PROLOG and the shell NEXPERT OBJECT. The exigency to have at disposal a tool able to use the Fuzzy logic, as well as the problems inherent to the same investigations has led the Research Unit to set up an original shell called KSBT.|
|Appears in Collections:||Book chapters|
05.01.02. Cellular automata, fuzzy logic, genetic alghoritms, neural networks
Files in This Item:
|Monografia.doc||402.5 kB||Microsoft Word||View/Open
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.