Earth-prints repository, logo   DSpace

About DSpace Software
|earth-prints home page | roma library | bologna library | catania library | milano library | napoli library | palermo library
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:

Authors: Pezzopane, M.*
Scotto, C.*
Title: Automatic scaling of critical frequency foF2 and MUF(3000)F2: A comparison between Autoscala and ARTIST 4.5 on Rome data
Title of journal: Radio Science
Series/Report no.: 42 (2007)
Publisher: AGU
Issue Date: Jul-2007
DOI: 10.1029/2006RS003581
Keywords: Ionograms
Abstract: The performances of Autoscala and ARTIST 4.5 were comparatively evaluated using a large database of 6098 ionograms recorded from September 2005 to June 2006 by the digisonde DPS4 at the Rome ionospheric station. Results of comparisons between automatically and manually scaled data are shown for both programs highlighting the different behaviours. The Autoscala and ARTIST 4.5 values of foF2 and MUF(3000)F2 both agree with the hand-scaled values for ~95% of ionograms. For the other ~5% of ionograms, which the manual scaler classed as unscalable, ARTIST 4.5 usually gave invalid results, whereas Autoscala usually gave no result. The data recorded by the ionosondes DPS4 (interpreted by ARTIST 4.5) and AIS-INGV (interpreted by Autoscala) during 3 geomagnetic storms were also analysed. Ionograms with typical errors both for Autoscala and ARTIST 4.5 are displayed.
Appears in Collections:01.02.99. General or miscellaneous
01.02.05. Wave propagation
01.02.06. Instruments and techniques
Papers Published / Papers in press

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormatVisibility
2006RS003581.pdfFull Article933 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Share this record




Stumble it!



Valid XHTML 1.0! ICT Support, development & maintenance are provided by CINECA. Powered on DSpace Software. CINECA